Switch Up Your Menu with Our New Artisan Frozen Dough Range
We are pleased to announce the launch of our new Artisan Dough range. The introduction of our Artisan Dough range aims to give bakeries the opportunity to switch it up and serve a range of different breads throughout the week.
Suprima’s team of product specialists and food technologists created the Artisan range using techniques and ingredients developed through research and growth initiatives led by our parent company Prima Group, a pioneering global company with 60 years of experience in the baking industry.
Keep reading to learn more about our new white sourdough frozen dough, how you can use it in your bakery, cafe or restaurant, as well as how you can prepare it!
All About Our White Sourdough Frozen Dough
Our team at Suprima have always supported Australian bakers by providing a large range of frozen dough products – from German Rye to White Vienna to Hot Cross Buns. To provide bakeries with more variety, we have also developed white sourdough bread as part of our newly launched Artisan Dough range.
Our white sourdough frozen dough is made with premium ingredients in conjunction with locally grown culture. At Suprima, we make sure to use only the best ingredients possible as part of our goal to produce high quality frozen dough for Australian bakeries.
The most important part of our new Artisan Frozen Dough range is the culture – where our unique dough flavours develop from. Our mother culture has been kept alive for over four years, and is fed specific ingredients to ensure the flavour is maintained. A few days prior to production, we increase feeding so that we can make and deliver high quality and flavourful sourdough. Our Artisan Frozen Dough range is a product of our successful culture development.
A Unique Culture
The culture is the most important part of a sourdough bread, it is where the flavour develops from. Our mother culture has been kept alive for over four years and is fed specific ingredients to ensure the flavour is maintained.
A few days prior to production we increase feeding to produce more levain so we can make the beautiful sourdough our customers love.
So, why did we create our Artisan Range?
Making sourdough from scratch is challenging. From keeping the culture alive to mixing and developing dough, there is a large margin for error. We developed our range to help bakers, cooks and chefs to produce a high quality artisan bread fresh daily rather than buying in.
Our white sourdough frozen dough bakes into an aromatic, flavourful and delicious bread.
White Sourdough Frozen Dough Recommended Uses
You may be wondering what our sourdough can be used for. At Suprima, our customisable white sourdough frozen dough is balanced with flavour, volume, texture, aroma and crust, and has many uses depending on your bakery’s preferences.
We recommend baking our white sourdough frozen dough in the following ways:
- Round roll
- Pizza base
How To Prepare Our White Sourdough Frozen Dough
At Suprima, we make sure our products are easy and convenient to prepare. This includes our newly launched white sourdough frozen dough.
Follow the steps below to prepare your white sourdough frozen dough as optimally as possible:
- Remove the dough from the freezer and place it into batches of four per tray (lined with silicone paper).
- Thaw the dough in a refrigerator at 4 degrees Celsius for a minimum of 12 hours and a maximum of 20 hours. Be sure to cover your dough with a retard cover during this time.
- Pre-proof your dough by removing it from the refrigerator and leaving it to warm up internally to 22 to 24 degrees Celsius.
- Preshape your dough by cutting it into three even pieces, with each piece molded into a round shape (if making rolls).
- Proof your dough by using a proofer (for 15 minutes) or by applying floor proofing (for 30 minutes).
- Shape your dough into its final form after proofing by rounding it and pinching the seams together.
- Place your dough into the oven with the pinched seams facing the bottom.
- Bake with steam at 230 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes or until completely baked.
Our white sourdough frozen dough is also customisable to your preferences, making it the perfect base for your bakery’s unique sourdough recipes.