It all starts with dough
Buns matter, especially when it comes to burgers. If you’re aiming for a taste that stands out, it starts with the bun.
You may be thinking about how to make the perfect hamburger bun dough so that your burgers will be the talk of the town.
Well, at Suprima Bakeries, we’ve already made the hamburger bun dough from scratch, so there’s no need for you to waste time perfecting the recipe and sourcing different ingredients – it’s all done for you.
Read on as we showcase the delicious range of burger buns and round rolls you can bake in your business today.
Why are hamburger buns so popular?
Hamburger buns are soft, round bread rolls specifically designed to hold hamburger patties and various fillings. They’re popular due to their versatility, complementing a wide range of flavours and ingredients used in burgers. Check out this Pinterest feed for burger inspiration.
Make full use of delicious burger buns in your bakery or cafe, and serve them as traditional hamburgers, gourmet burgers or sandwiches. You can top and bake them with:
- delicious seeds (sesame, poppy, or sunflower seeds)
- herbs and seasonings, such as garlic butter or rosemary
- a variety of cheeses
- onion flakes
The appeal of a freshly baked hamburger bun cannot be underestimated. Take pride in your freshly baked buns and attract customers seeking higher quality and a homemade taste.
How to make hamburger buns
A typical hamburger bun recipe may include the following ingredients:
- sometimes butter or oil.
- Activate the yeast. In a bowl, mix warm water and sugar. Sprinkle the yeast over the water mixture and let it sit for 5-10 minutes until it becomes frothy.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Make a well in the centre and add the activated yeast mixture, and wet ingredients.
- Mix until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface until it becomes smooth and elastic.
From here, you would proof the dough and allow it to rise.
To save time and money, our bakers have already done the hard work of sourcing ingredients and making the dough for you!
It’s easier to simply bake fresh with Suprima Bakeries.
By using Suprima’s versatile range of white, multigrain and wholemeal bun doughs, baking hamburger buns will take minimum effort. Simply follow the preparation instructions on our method sheet.
It’s as easy as:
- Create desired shape
- Add desired fillings/ toppings (optional)
A versatile solution
The same dough bases that you use to bake each type of hamburger bun are the same dough bases used to bake the primary bread roll variation.
- You can use our White Round Rolls (70g, 80g, 90g or jumbo) to bake White Hamburger Rolls.
- You can use our Wholemeal Round Rolls (80g or jumbo) to bake Wholemeal Hamburger Rolls.
- You can also use our Multigrain Round Rolls (80g or jumbo) to bake Multigrain Hamburger Rolls.
Burger buns wholesale
Extend your product range by simply using one or more of our bread roll dough bases. At Suprima Bakeries, we’ve made the perfect hamburger bun dough. Choose us as your burger bun supplier.