How to Market Your Bakery
An effective marketing strategy for a bakery business is essential to getting new customers in your door and increasing your sales.
Whether you own a cafe, bakery or bread shop, building a strong sales strategy and marketing plan is vital for improved business performance.
Keep reading to find out more!
Bakery Marketing Ideas
Being the backbone of any successful business, marketing is an important part of establishing and growing your bakery.
There are many different paths you can take when developing a marketing strategy for a bakery business, which is why it is important to identify your target customer base and find their preferences before you design and implement your marketing strategy.
Below are some bakery marketing ideas that may help promote your bakery, increase sales and attract new customers.
Send email campaigns or have an email newsletter
Using an email marketing service, such as Mailchimp is an effective way to manage mailing lists and create email marketing campaigns to send to your customers.
Direct email marketing and digital newsletters may be beneficial for:
- Promoting your products, services and bakery events
- Providing customers with valuable information
- Informing people about a product launch
- Introducing seasonal products
- Sharing recipes
- Revealing the ‘product of the moment’
- Introducing new employees
Get active online and have a website
A business without a website or online presence is like dough without yeast, it is a key ingredient needed to help your business rise and grow!
A bakery website is a necessary component to attract customers, improve brand exposure and show your local community what your bakery has to offer.
Some of the key benefits of having a website and online presence include:
- Online ordering capabilities
- Digital product catalogue and ingredients list
- Rank for keywords on Google
- Online reviews
- Photo gallery to showcase your baked goods
Be active on social media
Tantalise customers’ taste buds with mouthwatering photos of your delicious bread and baked goods.
They say a photo is worth a thousand words and all your photos can say ‘Yum’ if you get active on social media.
Some of the reasons for a bakery to have social media accounts include:
- Visually showcasing your bakery’s products and baked goods
- Ability to promote your bakery and share its location
- Customer engagement – you can get customers to share photos of your products
- Taking advantage of analytics on social media to better understand your target demographic
Connect with your local community
Connecting with your local community and cross-promoting with neighbouring businesses is another great way to market a bakery and bring in more customers.
As a bakery owner, you could consider:
- Speaking with local newspapers about the opening of your bakery or any events.
- Donate to local food drives or charity events to help get involved in the local community.
- Invest in search engine marketing strategies which boost your online presence in local searches.
- Have a ‘partners’ page on your website and include a hyperlink to local businesses you are friendly with and ensure this is reciprocal so that your website also gets backlinks.
How can I increase bread sales?
From having seasonal products to bakery bundles and product promotions, there are many things a bakery owner can do to increase sales an upsell to their customers.
For example, some bakery bundle ideas may include:
- Buy five rolls get the sixth free
- Discount for a loaf and six rolls combo
- Discount on four loaves of bread
- A bakers’ dozen, buy 12 bakery items and get one free
Bake with high-quality frozen dough products
Delicious and high-quality products are a sure-fire way to get customers in your door and enjoy your bakery items and baked goods!
Suprima supplies frozen bread dough products to supermarkets, restaurants, cafes, wholesalers, bakeries and small businesses throughout the country. Some of our best-selling products include Australian made pizza dough, scrolls, bread rolls and more. We can be your wholesale bakery supplier or local cafe distributor for frozen dough.
Our aim is to save you time by providing your business with a range of high-quality frozen dough products.