Delicious savoury topped rolls that your customers will go crazy for
A tasty reinvention of the crusty white roll that extends your menu, pizza boats are always a hit. They aren’t just delicious, they’re also easy to bake and to customise. You can make cheesy chicken pizza boats, vegetarian pizza boats, spinach and feta pizza boats and so much more!
Think of all the flavour combos you can put together and picture the pizza boats on display in your bakery or cafe window – you’ll stop traffic! And your customers will come back to discover new flavour combos time and time again.
If you’ve always wondered how to bake pizza boats, it’s easy with Suprima’s versatile dough bases.
Read on to learn how you can make these delicious baked breads in your cafe or bakery today.
What are pizza boats?
What are pizza boats? They are hollowed out crusty white rolls that you can fill and top with any ingredient. Then grilled to perfection, any flavour combo is possible. Think of pizza boats like a smaller version of a layered stuffed pizza.
Offer them to your customers as an alternative to selling traditional pizza slices. As they are made from a crusty white roll, you don’t need pizza dough or a separate baking process to make them.
Sell them as they are, or bag them up and sell in packs to your customers.
Pizza boats are great for functions, catering, birthday parties, picnics, and any event where there might be quite a large number of people.
How to make pizza boats
It’s easy to bake fresh with Suprima Bakeries. Bake the white roll dough according to the preparation instructions on our method sheet.
Once you have your freshly baked rolls, hollow out the middle of the bread. This creates the boat!
Fill the roll with your choice of pizza fillings. You could spread passata sauce on the bottom, then layer with meats or a hearty vegetarian filling.
Layer on more passata and finish with mozzarella cheese and bake/grill to perfection.
By using Suprima’s versatile white crusty roll dough base, making pizza boats will take minimum effort. It’s as easy as:
- Create desired shape
- Add desired fillings/ toppings (optional)
What about creative variations?
What is your favourite pizza topping? What pizza toppings would your customers love? You can customise these boats and turn up the volume on flavour with these suggestions:
- Go supreme, with pepperoni, sausage, green bell pepper, black olives, and red onions.
- Cheese it up, with a trio of melted goodness. Try aged cheddar, parmesan and stringy mozzarella.
- Classic spinach and feta – always a crowd pleaser.
- Gourmet spinach, feta, sun dried tomato and basil.
- Pineapple and bacon – if you are adamant that pineapple belongs on pizza, this is a sure fire flavour combo.
- Pizza hoagie – piled high with deli meats, cheese, fixings and dressing.
- Meat lovers – what’s not to love about tender beef, smoked leg ham, chicken breast, pepperoni, chorizo, and beef sausage?
- Tuscan roast veggies – sure you can change the name, but who doesn’t love some diced and roasted zucchini, pumpkin, capsicum and potato, complete with garlic and rosemary.
A Versatile Solution
The same dough base that you use to make these delicious pizza boats is the same dough base used to bake white crusty long rolls. This means you can extend your product range by simply purchasing one of our roll doughs.