What To Look For In a Good Bread Company
If you’re a baker, cafe owner or restaurateur, you either bake your own bread or source delicious loaves from bread companies.
Whether you are serving a succulent burger or the ever-so-popular avocado on rye sourdough, no menu is complete without bread and no food business can operate without a reliable bread company.
When looking for a bread company to work with, you may wish to consider their product range, quality of ingredients, delivery options and level of customer care.
Read on for tips to find a great local bread company and why you should consider Suprima as your bread dough supplier.
Save Money and Time
We know all about the challenges that bakers currently face: high labour costs, expensive ingredients, and the ongoing pursuit in finding quality staff. When it comes to choosing the right bread company to partner with, there is a lot to consider.
Save money and time by choosing the right bread company for your business. Take a look at our efficiency calculator to uncover the time and cost savings of switching to frozen dough.
What do Happy Customers Say?
View this post on Instagram
The Bread Industry in Australia
Here are some quick facts about the bread industry and bread companies in Australia (IBISWorld):
- The market size, measured by revenue, is $3bn in 2022
- The bread industry growth rate is 3.5% in 2022
- There are over 4,000 bread companies and manufacturers in Australia
- Bread companies are refocusing on the food-service sector with products such as frozen dough, chilled, par-baked and artisan bread
There aren’t that many large scale bread manufacturers in Australia. The majority of the market is made up of local bakers and chains of well known bakery brands.
As there aren’t that many large scale bread companies, it means that choosing the right supplier should be easier as those who are in the market are working hard for your business.
How do you choose the right bread company as your supplier?
Bread products are being sold to food-service companies in ever growing quantities. One of the reasons for this is that these products often save you time, money and effort, and are ‘done for you’ solutions.
Caterers, hotels, restaurants and cafes use products, such as freshly baked breads, premium breads, muffins, frozen dough (such as from Suprima’s dough range) and breadcrumbs.
When looking for the right bread company, here are several points to consider:
- How long has the bread company been in business for?
- Will partnering with a wholesale bread company save you time and money? If so, how do you calculate your cost savings?
- What range of products do they sell and will this compliment or enhance your current menu offering?
- What is their minimum order quantity and how many units come per carton?
- How reliable is their customer service and support?
- Does the bread company keep up with the latest trends, such as artisanal breads, multigrain and healthier seed options and sourdough?
You’ll be pleased to know that Suprima Bakeries tick these boxes and more.
Enjoy baking amazing-quality products that your customers love, all without the extra time, effort and cost. Our reliable, cost-effective dough products do not compromise on quality either, so sit back and relax as we do the hard work and deliver amazing ready-to-be-baked frozen dough right to your doorstep.